2023 Mazda CX-50 Preview
- New compact crossover SUV
- Designed and engineered for more off-road adventure
- Standard 2.5-liter 4-cylinder engine and AWD
- Available turbocharged 2.5-liter 4-cylinder engine
- Made in a new factory in Alabama
- On sale in spring of 2022
With the all-new 2023 Mazda CX-50, the company best known for crafting cars and SUVs that are a pleasure to drive on the pavement is extending that same sensation of joy to moderately challenging off-roading environments.
A compact crossover SUV that Mazda will build in Alabama in a new joint-venture manufacturing facility with Toyota, the new 2023 CX-50 adopts a more rugged appearance and adventurous mission than the existing Mazda CX-5. Production begins early in 2022, and the Mazda CX-50 release date is the spring of 2022, just in time for summer road trips.
The 2023 Mazda CX-50 specs chart includes a choice between two 2.5-liter 4-cylinder engines, one of which has a turbocharger that will help the SUV deliver class-leading power. All-wheel drive (AWD) is standard, and electrified versions are also in the works, including a gas-electric Mazda CX-50 hybrid variant.